If you take care of your diet, you know how unhealthy bread is. But, did you know that there are all kinds of recipes that leave only the healthy things in bread? If not, read on and we’ll walk you through the healthiest types of bread filled with herbs and spices.
The use of dried ingredients in baking is still a relatively new thing. Baking bread is something anyone can do without much effort, but if you want to make a bread that tastes great, you’ll need to experiment with ingredients for a bit. Bread that’s packed with herbs is something we all need in our diet, and this is how you make it.
To make this bread, you will need the following items:
- A cup and a half of warm water
- 1 pack of rapid-rise yeast
- Three and a half cups of flour
- A teaspoon and a half of salt
- 2/3 of cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of herbs (you can use a mixture of Italian herbs, but feel free to experiment with other ingredients as well)
1. As we mentioned before, making bread is super simple. You only need a large bowl and a tray. The flour, yeast, and salt into the bowl.
2. Then, mix everything up. This is the crucial part of the process so take the time to mix everything up. Five or ten minutes of mixing should be enough, but you’ll know when it’s done when you see all of the ingredients blend perfectly together.
4. When the mixing is done, add some more water and mix everything up again. You should do it by hands because that’s the easiest way to mix ingredients for bread.
5. Now, when you have finished mixing, leave the dough at room temperature for an hour at least. The yeast will do its thing and the dough should increase in size. When it does, press it down again and repeat the process once more.
6. When the dough rises again, it’s ready for baking! Set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and let it warm up. You need a shallow tray with water because you need humidity inside the oven, otherwise, your bread will come out hard as a rock. Place the tray with water on the bottom of the oven.
7. Take the dough and shape it any way you like it. You can use the entire mass to make one big bread, or you can make a number of smaller buns – it’s all up to you. Take a tray and put some parchment paper in it first. Then, place the shaped dough on the paper and shove it in the oven. Unlike most things that you cook in the oven, bread with herbs is done within a half an hour.
8. Wait for 5 minutes and then take the bread out. It’s still not done, you just have to remove the paper underneath it. You can do so because the bottom side of the bread is hard enough and it won’t stick to the tray anymore. When that’s done, put the tray back inside the oven and wait for about 20 minutes. If you did everything right, you should have perfect fresh bread with herbs every single time.
In the recipe, we used a mix of Italian herbs because they give us the parsley taste we’re all used to, but you can use many different herbs as well.
Rosemary – This herb is well-known for its strong aroma and shrubby parennial. It goes well with olives and salt, and you can use it as a topping for your bread. You’ll have a crunchy outer surface, but you’ll feel the flavor throughout the whole bread.
Thyme – This small herb also has a very distinctive taste, a taste that works well with other ingredients. It goes well with garlic, chives, oregano and Italian parsley.
Basil – This herb gives you plenty of taste when infused with the bread. Add some garlic and you’ll have a strong tasting bread like no other.
Chilli peppers – You can dry chili peppers and use them to spice up your bread. They are hot, but not too hot.