In this guide, we will show you that making great jerky at home takes little effort, and that it can be as good or even better than store bought products. You just need to take care of using the right tools for the job. One from a list of top rated food dehydrators will make this process much easier.
- 14 oz of wild salmon
- One teaspoon of organic lemon juice
- One teaspoon of paprika
- Two teaspoons of coconut amino
- One-half of a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar
- One-half of a teaspoon of onion powder
- One-half of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- One-half of a teaspoon of sea salt
- One cup of filtered water
5. The next step would be to take the salmon pieces out of the brine and lay them down onto the already-prepared paper towels. They will soak up all the liquid that will be dripping from the meat. After that, carefully transfer the salmon onto your, placing them at least half an inch away from each other. If you need extra tips for food dehydration read our guide to find the answers.
4. Turn on the dehydrator and dry the slices at 145° for three or four hours. Once their color turns into a reddish brown, they are ready and can be pulled out of the machine. When you bend them, the slices shouldn’t snap in half. You can store them into any kinds of jars for the months to come, which will allow you to enjoy the salmon beef jerky anywhere and at all times.
This kind of food contains no dairy, soy, preservatives, wheat, sugar, or gluten, and is incredibly healthy. It easily accommodates all sorts of diets and is a fantastic source of protein. The salmon jerky is one of our favorite foods, and we’re sure that you’ll really like it!