Last Updated on:
– Easy to clean
– Separable trays for a diversity of sizes of foods
– Ten years warranty
– Some complains about difficulty to store
– Simple design
– Somewhat noisy
With a lot of different names and choices within the brands, you are probably wondering which dehydrator you should choose that will get the job done fast and well enough without the need for an industrial machine.
Meaning with the Excalibur, you will never have to bother to rotate your treys.
How does it work? Well, the device changes the temperature itself. For example, if you set your temperature to 115 F the heat will wary between maybe 105 on up to a 125 within a 10-degree range mainly in effect to help dehydrate your meal faster. If you don’t do this what happens is called case hardening where the outside of the item will be dried while the inside will remain moist. Hyperwave helps you decrees your dehydration time.
Excalibur 3900b has a drying space of 15 feet making it an ideal for drying a decent amount of food. Vegetables, fruit or meat, it doesn’t matter what you want to dehydrate the Excalibur 3900B does it all.
Trays and Sheets
You can dry a lot of food on big 15 by 15 inches trays. Nine stackable plates can be removed easily meaning some of them can be eliminated to stuff larger items, and they are easy to clean and dishwasher friendly.
There are many models to choose from, now more than ever, but you will notice they are pretty much the same. The Excalibur 3900b has nine treys, and you get nine mash sheets. You can dehydrate pretty much anything from sliced vegetables you can even dehydrate a sliced tomato and it actually won’t go through you can put them right up on the mesh sheet sliced, and they will dry.
If you want to do things like fruit roll-ups or some raw food recipes where things are moist and liquidly you will want to use a Teflon sheet. Note that they they don’t come in the package and must be purchased separately. If you plan on using mostly moistly food with it, you should use Teflon layers so that there is no dripping from the food itself. No need for some more expensive models with stainless steel since you are going to cover them up anyway thus you will save a lot of money.
However, if you want a more premium feel and plan on drying something more sensitive to bacteria, then you should consider geting stainless steel trays. You can even use it for raising bread or incubating yogurt so it is a pretty multifunctional tool.
Great Value for Money
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or serious about food drying this is a device for you.This is one of the best food dehydrators on the market and people who are passionate about dried out food all point at the Excalibur 3900b when it comes to spending on a food dehydrator.
Heater and the Fan
Innovation and Warranty
And it makes it easier to service since the Excalibur has one of the most extended warranties but beyond that what’s great about their dehydrators that you can repair them yourself. So if your unit dies and your warranty period is over you can still order parts to fix your dehydrator and keep it going.
Difference Between this and Previous Model
So both dehydrators will dry your food, but 3900b is the upgraded model that has little better components. The fundamental changes that are updated:
- The motor that will last more than 15 years of continuous use over whole day usage. Higher quality components versus the 2900 economy series
- It has upgraded thermostat that Excalibur claims it will last five times as long
- Enhanced heating components
- Improved material of trays made of Noryl and polypropylene
- Upgraded electrical installations
- Maybe the most important thing is the extended warranty that now lasts ten years
- In the package with the dehydrator comes a 50 recipe manual so it doesn’t matter if you want to cook fruits like bananas, apples, beef jerky or vegetables you’ll know how to do it using plenty of recipes.
- The doors are made just to hang, and they don’t close the device entirely so that the moisture can flow through. If you fully load on the device, some of the moisture can accumulate on the edge of the door and from the bottom of the machine so you may want to watch out for that part.
- Note that this unit can be loud with the fan like this and on a surface made of metal or a kitchen counter it can vibrate a little bit. And be extra noisy so putting a placemat under it is recommendable to keep it quieter, the vibration is the most troublesome and merely the fan turning is not that loud.
All in all, if you want to do a lot of dehydrating and want dependable, trouble free device, the Excalibur 3900b is what we recommend the most.